Thursday, April 29, 2010

The final letter

So at 7pm I went to teach my class. I wrapped it up ten minutes earlier, in order to have time to come back home, shower, get dressed and arrive to the address mentioned in the previous letter. And I only had 30 minutes to do all that! So as I arrived home, I rushed to the bathroom and had a speedy shower - I was ready to get dressed. Arna already chose the outfit I would be wearing, I put my heeled shoes on and I was ready to go. But I was already behind my schedule and Arna offered to give me a ride to the address I was already supposed to be at. In the car she told me that giving me a ride was already preplanned and I should remember the spot where I got out so I can meet her there when I am done with the next task.
So there I was, all dressed up, ringing the door bell. A man came to let me in and he took my downstairs to the basement flat - at this point I wasn't sure what to expect. I arrived to the living room where a pregnant woman ****** was waiting for me. We introduced and she sat me down on a chair and said she will be my make up and hair stylist for the evening. Wow, my very own stylist! I felt like a superstar. ****** is a professional make up artist and works in theaters. We had a bit of chit chat and soon my make up was done. She then continued to do my hair. By this point we were again already behind schedule - I was only supposed to be in there for 30 minutes but, by the time I was completely ready to go, almost an hour passed. I looked myself at the mirror and Oh my God!! I was a diva! I actually looked 24 years old. She did a very good job and before I left she gave the final envelope - dark blue one.
I opened it up and read:

"Buu!
You will still have some time to admire yourself. Now you must get out and somewhere near you will find our Saxo. I am sitting behind the wheel. You will sit down on the passenger's seat and do not ask any questions - we can only share opinions on your fresh new look. Enjoy the ride, it will last for a while.
Now go outside and follow the guidelines. Continue reading on the next page only when we have already driven off. (I will let you read with the light on :))"

So I thanked ******, left the apartment and went to look for Saxo. I found it and got inside as I was told. I immediately started blabbing about my new look, how beautiful I look, how crazy this is... we both admired me for a minute and the time came to take off. I took the letter out again and continued to read (Arna was very misterious!):

"Prepare for the following. When you are done reading, I want you to close your eyes. Enjoy the ride. Also when the car stops, do not open your eyes. I will help you get out of the car. We will go for a walk. Your task is to fully trust me.
Again, this is all for your enjoyment.
I love you immensely!"

So I did as I was asked of. I put the letter away and closed my eyes. Of course, I was so excited that I couldn't stop talking on and on about all kinds of things. It must of annoyed Arna - as she later told me, she was so nervous, hoping all will go as planned and I didn't stop blabbing all the way until the car stopped.
The ride took about 10 minutes or so and I had no idea where we were at. As Arna, so cleverly planned, drove a bit in circles I honestly could not guess the location. She helped me get out of the car, took my arm and led the way. She told me to trust her as she will tell me, if there are any steps or wholes in the ground, but as we walked she forgot to warn me of the only step we encountered along the way. So, of course, I tripped a bit. :)
Anyway, the walk wasn't long, only a hundred meters or so. And before we reached the goal the music came on - Lepa Brena "Jugoslovenka". And I thought to myself: "Oh my... what is going on???...aaaaaaaaaaaa!". A few more steps downwards and I was told to open my eyes. And there they were. All men in the front, opening a champagne. Behind them the rest of the crowd - my friends. Hanging above them were many colorful balloons. And I stood there completely confused and completely overwhelmed by the scene, all dressed up, with "Jugoslovenka" still playing loudly... What a thrill, the joy I felt, the happiness, surprise. It was my very own birthday surprise party!!! As the shock of it all slowly dispersed, I hugged my dear sister and all I could mouth out was Thank you. I think the look on my face said everything I was feeling and no words were necessary. And she was happy, she could finally breathe after 3 days of playing it cool and planning to whole thing out.
And the party began, drinks were poured into glasses, hugs were in order, gifts were received. The party was a success. It was a movie. It was a dream. It was perfect.
The perfect gift given to my by my favorite person in the whole world - my sister Arna.


THE END.

1 comment:

  1. wow, what a beautiful stroy.
    overwhelmed by taking the look of it from the outside.. ;)
    luv you!!

    ReplyDelete